Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 November 2007

Lunch Mark II

In an attempt to improve on yesterdays lunchtime effort I popped into Marks and Spencers to see if they had anything that might improve the balance over yesterday.

Using a small french wholemeal country loaf as the base I followed a similar pattern to but modified the ingredients somewhat: Smoked Gouda, Mild English Mustard, Red Onion, Kalamata Olives, Radicchio,Baby Spinach, Red and Yellow Santini Tomatoes, Hass Avocado (with a little Tobasco) and Bresaola (cured lean beef). I avoided adding any salt at all this time, used a milder ground pepper and drizzled a little olive oil over the top to finish it off. I chose some fresh lemonade to wash it down and I've
got to say that this one was very nice indeed. The picture doesn't really do it justice, it doesn't really look it but it was a very big sandwich.





No comments: