Search This Blog

Sunday 6 April 2014

A Walk In The Parks - Part 3

And then on the way home I thought I might as well try to take a picture of the one other bridge in county Dublin that I’d failed to take a picture of on Paddy’s day jaunt – the pedestrian bridge across the Liffey in St Catherine’s Park between Leixlip and Lucan. I think that technically it is the last bridge across the river in the county as the bridge in Leixlip itself is at least partially in Kildare.

It’s a very nice park. I haven’t been there in a while and quite a lot of work has been done on the northern side: new car park, lots of new paths sign posted and yet again more of those open air exercise machines. It was all relatively low key after The Botanic Gardens but it’s good place for a walk. I parked in Lucan and went in from that side but I think I need to go back and check out the northern side next week.

DSC_0357DSC_0359

DSC_0366-001

The bridge isn’t anything to write home about. I think the two sewer mains are probably far more important in the greater scheme of things – I suspect lots of people would be very miserable if that pipe was damaged. The bridge is tagged on to the side of an identical pipe that you just about make out on the left hand side of the photograph.

DSC_0371DSC_0372

And on my way across I noticed that the some of the stencil / street art crew had been around. I really like these three as a set. I don’t think anyone ever notices them, I nearly missed them and I’m really looking for this sort of stuff everywhere now. In any case they really wrapped up the day well for me.

DSC_0375DSC_0388

DSC_0374

No comments: